Here’s a quick run down of how the Shiffter works – from filling it up to using it, and a bit further down we’ve stated some advantages and disadvantages. Anyway, here you go…
Remove spout from Shiffter (the top is now tethered to the Shiffter – unlike in this illustration)
Fill it from the tap
Put the lid back on
Leave it next to your toilet until you need it
When the time comes, after you’ve had your sit down. Instead of using a toilet brush to clean the grime off the back of the toilet, pick up your Shiffter and squirt it at the culprits…
You should get three to five uses out of it between refills, but be polite and fill it up for the next visitor – and that includes you, yes you, the one who never replaces the toilet roll and leaves the cardboard tube as a nasty surprise…
Leave bathroom with guilt-free look on your face
Another use for the Shiffter is that you can use it to rinse the shower tray or bath. Aim, fire and wash any stray body hair down the plughole.
Whilst we’ve approached the topic a little light-heartedly, it is a serious product which should make life a little easier. The first Shiffter is available in white but we’re looking at making it available in a range of colours (apart from brown!) to look good in your bathroom. We’re also looking at different finishes too.
The Shiffter fits into most small cloakroom washbasins as well as regular sized ones – after all, it’s pretty useless if you can’t fill it up!
- for tough Shifftuations, just get a little closer…but not too close!
- Shifft AFTER flushing – don’t be hero! And don’t go in heavy handed when there’s a big job to deal with – be gentle!
- having said that, if you know you’ll have to use it every time you’ve been, use your Shiffter at the same time as flushing – this’ll work better and the water curtain from the flush will further contain any minimal splash back potential (Hmmm…was that ‘the science bit’?)
- over time you’ll improve your technique too!
- refill your Shiffter after use (Shiffter etiquette)
- we still recommend that you occasionally use toilet cleaner or bleach around the bowl as the Shiffter is really for cleaning up the mess rather than killing the germs you can’t see